Saturday, May 26, 2018

MinHo Would Like To Have A Hobby That He Can Share With His Girlfriend (Vogue Girl 2009)


VG: To receive first place upon comeback is really exceptional.
Jonghyun: We only knew that we were in contention for the first place on that day itself.



VG: Isn’t it informed you the day before?

Key: It has always been on the day itself.

Jonghyun: We were already happy to be candidates, but in the end, we really got first! We got a shock but were also very very happy. It just so happened that the Super Junior sunbaenims were around, and they sincerely congratulated us and were happy for us. The sunbaebims were also teary too.

Key: I was trying hard to contain my tears on stage but the moment I got off stage I started crying.

Minho: I felt like crying when I saw Super Junior sunbaenim. I was very touched to receive the sunbaenims’ well wishes.

VG: No matter what, you all are from the same company so you will be closer right?

Jonghyun: Of course. We were role models to each other so that gave us a lot of strength. When we got first, the sunbaenims will message to congratulate us. Because everyone knows how much hard work has been put in before we could receive that first place, it feels like we are all on the same boat.

VG: Because the song that you composed got first place, Jonghyun-goon cried really badly?
Jonghyun: I was really thankful. It is just a hobby that I was developing so to have such a result, I was very astounded but also very happy. (VG: Composing can also be considered as a hobby?) Because I am not a professional composer now, it can only be an interesting hobby to me. In the future, I will work hard in learning how to compose the melody in order to become a singer-songwriter.

Onew: I also wish to be the same as Jonghyun.

Key: The company did not especially appoint Jonghyun hyung to write the lyrics. They gave everyone the opportunity but in the end, Jonghyun hyung grabbed it. The lyrics were written well and it became our title track. Everyone also learned some acting but it was Taemin who got the guesting on the sitcom, doing acting recently.

VG: How does Taemin feel about doing acting?

Taemin: It’s really interesting! If there is the chance, I want to do it simultaneously with my schedule as a singer.

Key: In the future, we will be showing everyone such individual activities like these. Do look forward to seeing the members growing up gradually, to how they are changing. It will be good if new groups in the future say “We want to be like the SHINee hyungs.”

VG: Reading the lyrics of ‘Juliette’, there are meaningful lines such as ‘give you my soul’. What are the actual romance types of the members?

Jonghyun: I was inspired to write the lyrics after watching the movie <Romeo & Juliette>. At that time, I looked up to the courageous man who was fearless of death. In the movie, Romeo is as old as Taemin and he is even younger than me. I felt that the courage is really remarkable.

Minho: Because up till now I haven’t been in love before…So I am not too sure about love…Yes, so I am not too sure about what kind of romance I want to have, just imagining it occasionally. I will want to try the passionate romance in <Romeo&Juliette> too. A love with someone who is about the same age as me but is also interesting and cute. Hmmm, I can only know how to love when I really get to that stage. (laughs)

Jonghyun: When you are in love, even if it is not special, it’s only the person who is involved who can feel the way it is in the movies.

Key: Woah! This is well said. Personally, I feel that <Romeo & Juliette> is a romance story that can only happen in the movies, highly likely in real life. Everyone should be dreaming of this kind of love in their dreams right. Love is something very magical. I feel things like giving out the soul is highly improbable to happen.

(Onew and TAeMin just quite tho.. This is so not their topic, hahaha)

VG: Recently, there are a lot of comments saying that SHINee are “herbivorous guys”.

SHINee: (all with widened eyes) What is a “herbivorous guy”?

VG: It refers to men who do not accept love manly, and are very tamed and gentle in their personality. Just like a deer to who eats grass.

Onew: Woah. This expression is fascinating.

Jonghyun: If there is really such a saying, it’s my first time hearing it today. Our image has been set as this.

Key: We are like those who eat grass for a living. Haha.
Jonghyun: It means that we are kind. Keke.

VG: There is an interesting ‘herbivorous guy’ test, do you want to do it?

SHINee: Sure! (VG: There are 9 questions in total, you just have to answer “yes” or “no”.) We will answer well given the questions.

VG: 1) I feel that duelling is meaningless. 2) It’s alright to drink soft drinks when people are having bottoms up during gatherings. 3) When I receive a confession, I will tell others first. 4) I don’t really dislike manga that caters to young girls. 5) Even though you get along well with your female friends but you really develop into a relationship with them 6) You are very interested in the new products in the convenience store 7) When you do work, you must have tidbits such as biscuits beside you. 8) Compared to going out, I prefer to stay at home. 9) Rather than spending money on the opposite sex, I would rather spend money on my hobby. If you have 2 or less ‘yes’ than you are a 20% herbivorous guy, 2-5 then you are 60%, 6 and above you are 90%.

Key: Haha. I have 6! What to do!

Jonghyun: Haha. 90%? The king of the herbivorous guy! Onew hyung seems to have a lot too.

Onew: Nope, I am 20%

Jonghyun: I have 2, so I am 20%? Other than dueling is meaningless, and it’s alright to drink soft drinks at gatherings, the rest is not true. I don’t really read tidbits and I don’t like pure mangas.

Taemin: I am 20%.
Jonghyun: Minho should be “no” all the way right? Let’s do one. Is dueling interesting?

Minho: Yeah, interesting.

Jonghyun: So it’s like this.

Minho: There’s only one that is true. I like hobby more, but I want to be able to do something that is my hobby with my girlfriend.

Key: Ah then doesn’t that tend to “no”?

Jonghyun: Anyway, a herbivorous guy seems to refer to a guy who is very sensitive and detailed in personality? Someone who is not stingy to invest in himself. Ah, then Key fits the bill. (laughs)

Key: Agree! I really invest a lot in my interests and hobbies. Because my interests are always changing so I spend a lot of money. Buying organizer, camera, clothes, my latest obsession is fashion!

Jonghyun: I am also interested in fashion, and read many fashion magazine too. Recently I saw the design concepts of John Galliano Homme and Andrea Crews and got a shock from the unique designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think!

Do You Know These?