Saturday, May 26, 2018

Onew Reads Because It Helps in Writing Lyrics, JongHyun Describes SHINee, MinHo Don't Want A Fake Girlfriend (Vogue Girl 2009)


VG: Everyone’s schedule is packed but we heard that you are still reading avidly?

Jonghyun: I read science fiction and fantasy novels. I also like mysteries and gory comics. Recently, I have been reading Edgar Allen Poe’s <Poe’s Short Stories Collection>


Onew: Regardless of the genre, I read many different kinds of books. Reading is helpful in writing lyrics.

Minho: I like books such as the guide to life or tales of the great people in history. I can learn about what the great people were thinking when they were my age and what kind of life they led. It also helps to solve the problems of I have in life.

VG: Recently, reality shows have been gaining a lot of popularity. Compared to other idol groups, SHINee members seemed to be quite stingy when it comes to revealing their true selves.

Minho: Even though it’s a little lesser as compared to other groups, we are not trying to conceal it intentionally. We feel that this degree is pretty good. There may be no difference to us even when we reach the point when we can say anything out without concealing anything, it will still be the same as now.

Jonghyun: Yes. Minho is very manly. Taemin is very cute. Key is very bubbly. Onew hyung is as gentle as his name. This is us.

Key: Friends who are curious can go watch <SHINee’s Yunhanam>. You can see our real life after watching it. (laughs)

Jonghyun: It’s very fascinating. The fans will not be mindful of our personalities being this way but will have a lot of comments to say if we were just to change our hairstyles just a little. Yet when it comes to our personalities, they don’t really say much.

Key: Maybe it’s because we know that we have this image that we have to adhere to, so it’s not about other things.

Jonghyun: It’s not just me but the activities are done with all the SHINee members so I cannot just do what I want. So there is really nothing much to be fake about, it’s just being cautious so as not to make mistakes.

VG: The show where idol group members become boyfriends for a week has become a hot topic, have you heard of it? If SHINee members were to appear on that show, how would you feel?

Minho: I have only heard of it. I chanced upon it when I was channel surfing a while back. I don’t really watch TV, just the show “Infinity Challenge”.

Taemin: What is that show about? (Jonghyun explains briefly) There is such a show? This is my first time hearing about it.

Onew: Even though I know of this show, I never watched it so I don’t really understand what it is about.

Key: It’s not to the extent that we want to reject it if there is the offer for us to go onto the show.

Jonghyun: I don’t really feel like going. Not very willing, I feel a little apologetic about it.

Minho: It’s a “fake” girlfriend. Rather than that, I would rather have a real girlfriend. Even if we do go out with each other sincerely for a week, it is also not real. I wish to present a real side of me in the show, so when during fliming, I always put in effort, and at certain moments I will even do something that I did not expect. I won’t want to cheat anyone.

VG: If you have a girlfriend, what do you want to do the most?

Onew: Go to a really crowded playground and confess to her loudly. To be able to confess in front of so many people takes a lot of courage so it really shows love. My girlfriend will be likely to believe me then too.

Minho: I want to watch a movie, and also a soccer match. If my girlfriend can do it, I want to play soccer with her too. But in reality many people don’t really like it. So just having a meal together is happy too. (VG: Such simple things to normal couples are actually difficult to attain for idols right.) Of course, that’s why I can’t do it now but rather in the future. A long time into the future. (laughs) (VG: Then have you heard of anything that makes you want to give up?) Absolutely not. At 18 years old, it’s a stage where you can’t really do or experience anything, I feel that this kind of experience is the foundation of my life. In the future, whether I am still an entertainer or working in other fields, it will come in handy.

VG: What is SHINee’s ideal “charismatic man” like?

Jonghyun: A man who is able to listen to the other party properly, knows the heart of the girl and is also able to take care of her very well.

Key: It’s not easy! As long as he doesn’t let the girl feel tired then it is good enough.

Onew: A man who is able to make his girlfriend happy is also charismatic too.

Key: Career and love, a man who doesn’t neglect either side. As long as my girlfriend and I don’t restrict each other then it will be good. Our time together is always fulfilling, when we play we really play, when we work we will be serious and work. We won’t be unhappy and we are understanding of each other’s lifestyle. My work is very important too, so I really hate it if she throws a temper unreasonable when I am trying to concentrate.

Taemin: A man who is good looking.

Key: A man with a good physique.

Taemin: A man who keeps his promises too.

Minho: A man who is willing to give. Even if he can’t do this for everyone, at least if he does it for just one person, it will be good enough.


Source: 闪耀星球(smshinee.ifensi.com)
Chinese Translation: showerlin@闪耀星球
English Translation: atlantis-x
Credits: SHINee Forums

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think!

Do You Know These?