Saturday, May 19, 2018

SHINee Onew Tells His Passion Of Singing, Memorable Moment, What Color Is JongHyun And More (Kool Magazine 2010)


1. Why did you choose to become a singer?
Onew: When I was in my 2nd year of Junior High, my adviser was a music teacher. My Teacher advised me while she listens when I’m singing.


2. Originally you want to sing?
Onew: Yes. I love to sing.

3. Since debut, What is your most memorable episode?
Onew: Of course our first performance on stage. My head was blank and was really nervous. Also, I remember when we won the first place. Standing and performing at a big stage like SM Town Concert is memorable too. Also Newcomer Award!

4. Besides Music, What are your other influences?
Onew: Recently, I thought of “I’ll try reading!” so I started to read books. When I read books, I learn a lot, as well as my field of vision, will expand which is a good thing. Also, you can express your ideas, opinions well. Honestly, I don’t know if I can continue this (laughs). But I really wanted to read a lot of books now.

5. What kind of books do you read?
Onew: I like writing essays based on the experience of the author.

6. In the future, What would you like to challenge?
Onew: I have the opportunity, I would like to try Radio DJ. And also composing a song as well as writing lyrics.

7. What is the first thing you’ll do when you wake up in the morning?
Onew: Recently, I drink water if I wake up. Especially I have musical now, I thought of taking care of my throat. When I wake up in the morning my throat gets dry/sore that’s why I try to drink water.

8. Your Favorite Word?
Onew: “It’s Fun!” “Let’s have Fun!” (Laughs). I love it when we're having fun at every kind of stage.

9. What do you do during Holidays?
Onew: Watching movies, Driving….various.

10. What is the scariest for you?
Onew: I’m not particularly scared but if you ask me I’m scared of Insects.

11. What do you do in order to release your stress?
Onew: Sleep!

12. The most relaxing place for you?
Onew: I think our house which all of the members stay together. No one is bothering me and I can sleep well.

13. Domestic Artist you want to collaborate to?
Onew: Which person should I choose…Ah! We talk about this a day before, I promised to have a duet with f(x)’s Luna. That’s why I’m thinking of practicing.

14. How about Foreign Artists?
Onew: Stevie Wonder. I really love him. It’s such an honor if my wish will be granted and have a duet with him. I will do my best because I’m still not yet ready. Also, He is a Japanese singer but I don’t know his name. He is a man who plays the piano while singing. I think he is very famous in Japan. I like to practice his songs so I tried to search for his videos.

15. What song do you listen recently?
Onew: Recently, I’m doing a musical performance so I usually listen to musical numbers.

16. What is your role in SHINee?
Onew: Looks…It is a joke (laugh) I think my role is to make the atmosphere happy and the person who leads.

17. Which member are you going to take to a deserted island?
Onew: It’s Minho. He is athletic and seems to be good in catering foods.

18. Your happiest moment recently?
Onew: You think this conversation is about musical again……(Laughs). I’m one of the cast from the musical called “Rock of Ages”. Originally, it’s a foreign musical and it’s the very 1st performance here in Korea. I’m glad that I was chosen to be the main cast for Korea’s 1st performance.

19. What do you most concern about now?
Onew: It’s Musical for now!

20. What do you want to do until the end of the year?
Onew: I’ve always wanted to study vocal music. If I have the time I wanted to enjoy while studying.

21. This is the only thing I can’t beat no one.
Onew: This is not a pride but….people say I have a nice voice, I’m so happy if they tell me this.

22. If you can time travel, What would you say if you meet yourself during your debut?
Onew: “Let’s have fun”, “Take lots of lessons”

23. For Next Year, What is your promise?
Onew: I don’t know what will happen but instead of hurrying up and have promised, I should do my responsibilities and have fun next year.

ONEW >>>JONGHYUN
Q. Your 1st impression of Jonghyun?
A. When I first met him, he thought me a lot of different things. From Lesson room to the way how to use it, What should I say this to him/her. He is really nice and thought me every little thing. That’s why my impression was ” Ah, He is a nice guy”.

Q. If you compare him to a color?
A. Yellow or red color, brilliant/bright colors.

Q. A message for Jonghyun!
A. From now on let’s aim and work hard together towards the same goals and dreams happily. And also, You’re Cool!

English Translation: winkme
Source: Kool Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think!

Do You Know These?