Friday, April 28, 2017

(Grammar) Sentence order.

Korean sentence structure is different than English. Generally, it is so opposite with each other at some situation. Example;
'I study Korean because it is interesting' is 재미있기 때문에 한국말을 공부해요 in korean.

  1. 재미있기 때문에 because it is interesting (subject)
  2. 한국말을 Korean (object)
  3. 공부해요 study (verb)
In korean, the order for a sentence like this is subject-object-verb but for English it will be verb-object-subject.
Other example,
I am hungry so I eat. 배 고파서 먹어요.
  • 배 고파서 hungry so (subject)
  • 먹어요 I eat (verb)
But in some situation, the structure is just familiar with English, such as,
  • You are so pretty (topic-subject)
  • 너는 아주 예뻐 (topic-subject)
  • This is my car (topic-object)
  • 이것은 내/나의 자동차예요 (topic-object)
alright,take a rest now!

Learn how to read in Korean here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think!

Do You Know These?